Thursday, April 6, 2017

6 April 2017




There were plenty of stories on the front page to deal with today---visa scams, Gov. Brown's transport tax plan, Trump fawning over the authoritarian strongman currently in charge of Egypt---but sometimes the events of the day bleed into the drawing. To be fair, there was a story on A1 about Trump hinting that he would respond to the Syrian chemical weapon attack. But then, an hour or two later, I was listening to live NPR coverage of the Tomahawk missile bombardment of a Syrian military airbase, with the article still in front of me on my desk. I don't find anything comforting or correct about this bully and unrepentant liar dipping his toes into the act of waging war. I also find the timing awfully convenient, considering how much hot Russian espionage garbage is piling up around this administration. So I guess what I'm saying is, let's not all be distracted by a bunch of  shiny missiles blowing up an airstrip in a war-torn country.

No comments:

Post a Comment