Sunday, December 24, 2017

21 December 2017



Well, hey there, casual looky loos. After a brief hiatus where I had no internet and precious little in the way of legitimate news to work with, I'm hoping to play a big old game of catch up today and get the last four days of drawings and angry rantings posted. For Christmas day (which is right now for me, but for all you New World inhabitants is still a half a day away) I plan to revisit the Los Angeles Times via their handy enewspaper feature on their website, provided I can get the timing right. Anyway, enjoy your whirlwind mini tour through the garbage journalism of Australia; Christmas will hopefully mark a return to sanity for this project (if not for the world).

________________

This is most definitely being posted many days late, as I am currently off-off grid. My current location has also made it difficult to find papers to draw since, you know, robust printed news distribution and  dense population centers kind of go hand in hand. An assertion supported by my foray out to get the paper today.  The only place in my sights well equipped enough to carry inked news had four papers total, three of which were essentially tabloids and one that looked legit, on the surface at least. And then you realize it’s The Australian, the ultra conservative pile of garbage published by Rupert Murdoch. The edition I looked at featured, at the very top, an article heartily endorsing a plan that Australia embrace the same draconian tax cuts that bloated shitbag Donald Trump just pushed through our American houses of Congress. And directly below that are two articles and a photo that, together, are some kind of general smear of Joe McDonald, a union official in the CFMEU (that's the Construction, Forestry, Mining, and Energy Union for all you non-Aussies). This whole paper is essentially an exercise in rich-person yellow journalism. So, you know, fuck this paper. We won’t be revisiting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment