Monday, April 17, 2017

17 April 2017



Meet Don Cameron, the manager of a farm in Helm, CA, who's pioneering a method of reclaiming some of our storm water runoff by letting it flood his fields and slowly drain back into the soil, and thus into the San Joaquin Valley aquifer, where many of the central valley farmers get their water, and which has been overpumped in previous drought years. Kudos to you, Don! I hope you can get many of your fellow farmers to follow your wise example. And let me tell you, it's always nice to devote my sketching to things that don't make me angry. So I'm going to stop right here. But first I'll mention one other interesting California story on A1: there's been an Assembly bill proposed that would add tax on alcohol in order to eliminate sales tax on diapers and tampons. Needless to say, I was completely absorbed by these two stories. I'm sorry, I had to do it. But I'm finished now.

No comments:

Post a Comment