Saturday, January 21, 2017

21 January 2017




If you only followed a news story through good old-fashioned print media, it would mean that you have a day or so of lag built into your understanding of current events. I, like most modern citizens, get my news from many different sources, many of them online. Or, in the case of today, I spend the day at a newsworthy event (the Women's March in DTLA, which was incredible and packed with big-hearted protesters far beyond anybody's expectations), and then I come home to a paper bearing yesterday's sad-ass news on its front page: Trump's inauguration. And all I can think is, after a day of social uplift and general good vibes, I have to draw this clown? So I drew the clown. Tomorrow, we'll get back to that glorious march.

No comments:

Post a Comment